Thursday, October 6, 2016

Holiday



Hello, it's me again. In this occasion I need to write about the best holiday for me and my experience in that specifically holiday. I choose, even if it is not an official holiday, Halloween, and no, it isn't because is the closest.

How you reader probably knows, this celebration realizes the 31th of October, it has its roots in the ancient Celtic festival known as Samhain which means "end of summer" and held at the end of the harvest season in Ireland to start the "Celtic New Year". This festivity is adopted for multiples countries and they are modifying the celebration. In Chile for example, we don’t’ use pumpkins, it is not adopted for all the people, and it’s more commercial.

My favorite part now it is baking, but when I was a child I really, really love used costumes and went for candies. The best Halloween I can remember happened in 2005 when I was 9 years old, in that year my parents divorced and all it was horrible, I lived with my sister and my father in that moment, and I didn't see to my mom regularly, but in that Halloween my mom went and helped to my sister and me with makeup and costumes. My father stayed a little happier (or at least he pretended), when my mother went my father said we were to ask for candies. We spend all the evening through the streets of the town asking for sweets in every house. We covered so many space that we finished with all “villa el abrazo" and even we passed to "villa los héroes". By the end of the day, we had so many candies that they completely covering the table and even overflowing.

Maybe it is not the best holiday in the world or in history, but it is my prefer, it is a good memory in the middle of a life not specifically good.

That’s all for now, I hope you can enjoy the reading, at least a little.


See you later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment